- FREE for Nottingham City and Nottinghamshire County workers
- Choose from a range of available dates when booking online
- Nottingham, Retford, Keyworth, Kirkby-in-Ashfield
This one-day course aims to create a shared understanding of domestic violence and abuse among professionals working in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire, and to increase appropriate responses.
- Explore different aspects of domestic violence and abuse and its causes
- Explore the myths and stereotypes of domestic violence
- Examine the reasons why people stay and return to abusive relationships and
- Consider the impact living with domestic violence has on survivors and children
- It also enables participants to identify, develop and implement communication and support skills, such as asking about the presence of domestic violence and safety planning, considering risk and effective signposting
Understanding and Responding to Domestic Violence and Abuse is the starting point for professionals. Much of the focus of this course is on women and children’s experience of abuse from male perpetrators, however many of the tools and resources are applicable to anyone living with domestic violence.
It is preferable that this course is completed before accessing other Equation courses, but it is an essential pre-requisite to the following: Challenging Domestic Violence and Working with Children and Young People.
Nottingham Crime and Drugs Partnership, Nottinghamshire Joint Commissioners, Bassetlaw District Council
Book event using Eventbrite