Equation’s goal as a charity is for everyone to have equal, healthy relationships, in a society free from domestic abuse, sexual violence and gender inequality. Working primarily in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire, Equation delivers education to the whole community to prevent domestic abuse and sexual violence, promote gender equality and raise aspirations for healthy relationships. We provide practical tools and guidance to support the well-being and safety needs of survivors.
Our work currently includes:
- Work with professionals to improve the frontline response to domestic abuse and violence.
- Work with children, young-people and educational professionals to educate around healthy relationships and enable young people to access support for domestic abuse.
- Operating the local frontline service for men experiencing domestic abuse
- Campaigning in the community to raise awareness of domestic abuse, related issues and signposting support.
- The production and distribution of resources that signpost local survivors of all forms of domestic abuse and sexual violence to local support services.
The charity has received funding for a web development project to improve it’s current online offering and are currently inviting Nottingham-based web agencies to provide expressions of interest.
Improvements to the website will deliver improved experiences for it’s users including:
- Improved access to support and information for survivors of domestic abuse.
- Improved quality of content and online experience delivered to professionals interested in Equation’s professional services.
- Improved user experience for individuals and community groups interested in learning more about domestic abuse and supporting equations work.
More details about this project can be found here, including full application details.